Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm Back!!! ~Taylor

Well I must say I NEEDED the last 4 days of vacation!  No kids, No stress, NO WEIGHTLOSS!  Okay the last part wasn't the best but I pretty much knew that between Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, and Disneyland Churros/Cotton Candy I prob wouldn't lose anything this week.  Oh well that just means I gotta lost more next week! 

I had a bit of self revelation while on our trip!  You see I went with my parents and my older, skinnier, prettier sister (sigh..)  She has always been thinner BUT after spending 4 non stop days with her I can def see how she keep some weight off.  So here are some realizations I noticed from watching her....

1)  I ALWAYS think about food!  We would be leaving a resturant and I'd already be thinking where we'd go for the next meal.  My sister just goes with the flow.  She ate at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and that was it!  Which leads me to my next realization...
2) My meal portions are WAY TOO BIG!!!  At every single meal she would ask my mom if she would split the meal with her (let's face it the portions at resturants are WAY too big anyways!)  I would always order my own meal and eat it all.  Of course everytime I'd feel miserable afterwards! grrr.
3) Finally I noticed I eat everything on my plate...My sister would stop when she was done!  I'm not sure why I feel like if I don't eat it all I might starve but that's kinda how I feel!  So  with all these realizations in place I have made some rules for myself...

RULE ONE:  Try not to think of food all the time!  If it's not meal time and I'm not hungry then I need to go on to something else!  Heaven knows there is a TON I can do around the house so get that food out of my mind and get my buns to work!
RULE TWO:  When making food cut down on my portions!  Most of the time when I get a smaller portion it feels me up without making me feel like I'm going to explode! So I need to remember that and get the smaller portion.
RULE THREE: When I feel full WALK AWAY!!!!  If I LOVE the food I can always put it in the fridge and have the rest for another meal! 

So those are my new goals!  Wish me luck!   OH and b/c posts suck without pictures, here's a pict of the gang in Tomorrowland at Disneyland!

P.S. Brooke CONGRATS on the 2 pounds! YOU ROCK!

1 comments:

Brooke R. Harper said...

I'm so glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself!! I really like how you talked about not thinking about food all the time. That's how I have been to. But I have noticed when I'm excited about something else it's not so important so I just need to stay busy with things I enjoy. Hope you are having a good week!

Post a Comment