Monday, January 30, 2012

Making Time For YOU! -Taylor

I truly believe that the moment you said "I do" and then popped out some kids was the moment you gave up any "extra" time for yourself for the rest of you life!!!  As women, we are instilled with the "privilege" of loving so deeply that we will forget ourselves so we can care for others.  BUT, this "privilege" can at times be a curse for our health!  I would much rather go home and play with my kids or hang out with my husband than workout!  I would MUCH rather cook a yummy meal of spagetti and garlic bread with a big dessert than chicken breast with some veggies.  But sometimes you have to stop and think of YOU!  That can be a very hard concept for some, especially if you are a wife and mom.  So I got a text today asking me "how do you do it with a family!?"  Here is my response:

I am a working mom.  As much as I would LOVE to stay home with my babies, finacially I can't.  In a way I'm lucky b/c I have the opportunity to workout here in my classroom.  So everyday at 2:30 I put on my Insanity workout and for the next 45 minutes I sweat, kick, and punch the calories away.  Then when I get home I don't feel guilty for locking myself in a room while my kids are pounding at the door wondering what the heck I'm doing! 
I'm currently training for a 5K in March so when I get home I load my kiddos in the stroller and offer my hubby some kind of incentive (wink,wink) to come with me on a little jog!  Not only does this help me with my training BUT it also gets my kids fresh air and allows us to have family time!  Some of my most favorite memories are when Ty and I are pushing the kids in the stroller and enjoying each other's company.  Ty is in WAY better shape than me so I'll just jog and he'll walk right beside me! lol.  (yes that's how slow I go!)

Life will always happen and there will always be excuses but I don't give myself a choice!  Just like before you go to bed you wash your face and brush your teeth, WELL after school I workout!  I don't even allow myself to think otherwise, it's become a routine.  Not only that but when I workout I am SUCH a better mom and wife b/c I feel better about myself!  I'm NO expert but I am deffinately loving how I feel when I am making healthy choices.  SO I CHOOSE TO BE HEATLHY, I CHOOSE TO WORKOUT, AND I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment