Friday, February 3, 2012

Progress!!! -Taylor

I LOVE this girl!
Leslie has been my "running" buddy this last week and she is the BEST motivator!!!!  When I'm whining how much my legs hurt and how much I want to walk she tells me to "suck it up, buttercup! Keep going!" 
So we set out today for our ONE MILER.  My goal was to be under 13:00 minutes (last Friday I ran one mile in 13:30)  I was SUPER excited to use my GARMIN for the first time!  I LOVE IT! 
We started strong but I have KILLER shin-splints right now!!! So I was hurtin' the first 1/2 mile but once I loosened up I felt myself get into a stride!  Our last little bit Leslie told me to sprint so....I sprinted!  I ended up finishing the mile in...........12:49!!!!!!!  Woohoo!!!!! I almost shaved a WHOLE minute off!  What a great feeling to set a goal and accomplish it!!  Tomorrow I'm meeting Leslie at the track for a 2 miler! 
Total February Miles: 3.5
Total 2012 Miles: 8
P.S. I wanted to thank everyone for the AMAZING comments!  Your positive words keep ME motivated! Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm amazed at your total # of miles. That is great. I'm so motivated by you, so please keep blogging!! So glad you beat your goal!

dezertgirlaz said...

It is all you girlfriend! You motivate me to get my butt even on the asphalt! You are doing amazing and tomorrow we will tear it up on the track! I think it has special powers hee hee!

Post a Comment