Monday, February 6, 2012

race time-Brooke

Alright! 
I have been doing pretty good.
 I started doing the P90x work outs last week and they are amazing. So, so hard. 

Last week I also decided to start training for a 5k. This was a pretty humbling experience for me. I have always had to in my head that 4 miles is a real run. Growing up I used to run on the canal and I would run 2 miles out then the 2 miles back making 4 miles a pretty consistant run for me. And If I didn't do the 4 miles I felt like I wasn't reaching my goal. 

So to train for a 3.1 mile race I just felt pathetic. 

But I have had to change my mindset.

Last week I ran a 5k and it was so hard! I really couldn't train for anything more then that right now. I'm excited to get back into running so I need to start with this 5k and celebrate that. 

The race is the beginning for March. My goal for the race is to run it 35 minutes. 


-Brooke



0 comments:

Post a Comment